Injector voltage...

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Well after changing out the batteries, I have been running around town picking up my son and trying to get a haircut... but anyways, I noticed the truck seems to be running better...

Very crisp throttle and idle... Smoother sounding... more SOTP power when accelerating.

Do you think that the injectors were not getting as much juice as they should be and were running rough because of it?

The reason I ask is because when we were dynoing the race motor we ran into a problem where the injectors were not seeing enough voltage because we were just running off a battery connected to a charger... at wide open throttle the volts were being pulled down to around 10volts... It would cause the injector to error out and because of it we were loosing power. when we connected a big charger to the battery and set it to power boost , we never got another error code ...

Just thinking out loud and hope that maybe some of you guys have a thought on it also...

Ggg

Reaction score
Yes your assumption is correct. I would also have the alternator load tested, kinda sounds like its on its last leg. The CPU will shut down due to low voltage at abour 9.5V.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Ggg,

Thanks for the feedback, and confirmation on what I thought....

After the problem with the race motor I thought it was possible...

I will have to go down and have the alt tested... You don't happen to have an idea on price for one of those?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dieselmaster
Ggg,

Thanks for the feedback, and confirmation on what I thought....

After the problem with the race motor I thought it was possible...

I will have to go down and have the alt tested... You don't happen to have an idea on price for one of those?

I had one built for my '96 PSD..175 amp:smoke: for the winch.
Cost.............$200........near Raleigh NC.

Ggg

Reaction score
Here is a part # for Ford 215A alt. we use on our E450 ambulances.
F5UU-10300-CA
I have also seen a site down in FL that sells stock used "take off parts" that get replaced when the trucks are converted to ambulances. But I can't remember the addy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7