Injector Return Lines Replaced

tgatch

Reaction score
Well I replaced my injector return lines. Injectors 3,4, and 5 have been wet since I bought the car. The line from 2 to 3 actually came apart as I got it out. The plugged line on 5 came apart too.

I hope that will pick up my mileage a little. To date my average has been 24.28 with a low of 22.85 and a high of 26.00. This has been about a 60/40 mix of City/Highway mileage.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool! It's amazing what fuel leaks can do to mileage, particularly on these cars...I had the end cap line crack on my old 123 while I was driving it home from Texas, and had to drive about 300 miles to a town that has an auto parts store. Mileage went from 24 to 26 ;Sweet Another time, a line popped off completely...went down to 20 mpg; that repair brought me up to 25 on the next fueling.

Also, check both lines where they enter the tank...metal lines are used to go from the engine to the tank, but there's a short length of rubber at the connection to the tank. I found that both lines were seeping fuel on my 123; repairing them got mileage up to 27.

I think I gave my ex-girlfriend the wrong car... *sigh*

tgatch

Reaction score
I'm being told that unless it was running off of the engine I probably won't notice a change. I'm not totally buying that.

I mean the injectors were pretty wet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online