in need of a new tractor

Bgirls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we started a landscpe business in 2001. prior to this in 2000 i bought a kubota bx 2200 with belly mower and bucket for yard work and snow remoal. since then we have used it for loading material and some site work. in 2003 we bought a kanga 520 which is a stand on mini skid steer with a higher lifting capacity than the kubota. we also have a set of forks and a hydralic power head and assorted size augers ranging from 8" to 36" for drilling holes for trees and fencing. so its time for something larger, i am convinced we need a kubota grand L 3430 with loader, back hoe and forks with other attachments purchased as needed. my wify is convinced she needs a larger skid steer (60-70) h.p. my contention is less tear up of the ground with a conventional type tractor vr.s the skid steer. i did look at the bobcat a300 all wheel steer, the only drawback it is wider than our trailer so we would have to by a new trailer. please comment pro or con for both types of machines.

jalewis

Reaction score
Look at the Kubota TLB series. We have an L-39. It's got the bobcat quick connects on the bucket, so it'll take any bobcat implemnents. We have a set of pallet forks, and a 4-in-1 bucket for ours. They also make an L-48, which is slightly bigger. The backhoe on the TLB series is built stronger than the attachment backhoe, and has a higher breakout force, etc. When we were looking at tractors, we checked out the regular tractors with an attachment loader and backhoe, and ended up getting the L-39 because it was stronger, and just a better fit for us. The backhoe can be removed, and isn't had to do at all, however, the loader can't. But like I said, it's got the bobcat quick connects, so it's very universal, and quick and easy to change attachments.

I don't know enough about the Bobcats, but I suspect you are right, I would think the Bobcats would tear up grass or whatever more than the conventional tractor.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'm not in any business that would need any type of the equipment you mentioned, but a friend of mine is. He passed on the skid steer in favor of a Ramrod. He's got 2 of them. I guess it's like what you mentioned, but I think its a walkbehind/ stand on unit. He has turf tires on them to minimize damage to yards & the such. No need for a bigger trailer in his case. Usually carries 1 or both plus a couple Dixie Choppers, trimmers, blowers, & assorted gas cans & toolboxes.

Bgirls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jalewis said:
Look at the Kubota TLB series. We have an L-39. It's got the bobcat quick connects on the bucket, so it'll take any bobcat implemnents. We have a set of pallet forks, and a 4-in-1 bucket for ours. They also make an L-48, which is slightly bigger. The backhoe on the TLB series is built stronger than the attachment backhoe, and has a higher breakout force, etc. When we were looking at tractors, we checked out the regular tractors with an attachment loader and backhoe, and ended up getting the L-39 because it was stronger, and just a better fit for us. The backhoe can be removed, and isn't had to do at all, however, the loader can't. But like I said, it's got the bobcat quick connects, so it's very universal, and quick and easy to change attachments.

I don't know enough about the Bobcats, but I suspect you are right, I would think the Bobcats would tear up grass or whatever more than the conventional tractor.

i am looking at the tlb series as well but the need for loader removal is an important concideration. the grand l has a quick attach frame as well.

Bgirls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
apextrans said:
I'm not in any business that would need any type of the equipment you mentioned, but a friend of mine is. He passed on the skid steer in favor of a Ramrod. He's got 2 of them. I guess it's like what you mentioned, but I think its a walkbehind/ stand on unit. He has turf tires on them to minimize damage to yards & the such. No need for a bigger trailer in his case. Usually carries 1 or both plus a couple Dixie Choppers, trimmers, blowers, & assorted gas cans & toolboxes.

yes the ramrod is in the same catagory as the kanga loader we have.