IH 4700 DT466E

getbent2night

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forum, and new to MDT's. I am currently rebuilding a DT466E out of an IH 4900 Strait Truck and have a few questions...anybody know where i can find torque specs? Anybody know where i can find ONE set of piston rings? Anybody know of any other forums that pertain to what I am doing? I am responsible for the maintenance on 11 trucks, most of them being strait trucks, two of them are tractors, a volvo and a ford. Also if there is any good maintenance forums, thats really what I am looking for...procedures, torque specs, ect... Again I am brand new to these vehicles and any help would be greatly appriciated.
TIA,

Ken Rutledge

getbent2night

Reaction score
ok well now im trying to drop the pistons in the cylinders using lots of lube and a spring compressor and am still breaking the oil ring. anybody have any suggestions?

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
There's torqure spex and head sequence on the second page of the link in my signature. Only thing I can think of if it's breaking the oil ring would be the compressor not being tight enuf.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
My boss is a day or 2 from done, on rebuilding the DT466E in our 04 4300. He bought the rebuild manual From IH, so the torque specs were no problem. He used a regular ratcheting ring compressor. All the slugs went in pretty smoothly, with engine oil, except #1. The oil ring gave up on it, but he mentioned that it seemed to be fighting, more than the others.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7