Hypermax Cowl air induction

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May I ask why you are selling it? Any pics or details? Is it meant for factory turbo or n/a (according to Hypermax's site, there's a difference in the setups between the two).

I'm definitely interested...thanks!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It fits all 1983-1994 N/A and Hypermax turbo. According to Hypermax it will not fit a factory turbo, I don't know if it will or not. I had this laying around and decided to move it. It was taken from a truck with a Hypermax turbo on it.
Pictures and details are on the website.

http://www.gohypermax.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=498d3ee6-44a5-427d-9e97-bf310348184d
Thanks for getting back to me! I'm contacting Hypermax to see what the difference is between the two...with the application that I'm planning to use this for, that difference is potentially rather significant. I'll let you know as soon as I find out myself...thanks again ;Sweet

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i belive it is the lenght of the flexable hose is different for the factory turboed ones.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
the actual plastic scoop is all you need the rest can be made to fit virtually any intake our trucks could possibly have, just needs imagination... if too short get a dryer hose...:sly

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i belive it is the lenght of the flexable hose is different for the factory turboed ones.
That would make sense....forgive the dumb question, given that I've spent very little time looking under the hood of a factory turbo truck, but which would be longer?

Basically, I'm planning to fit this unit in place on a truck with a factory turbo setup, but with an earlier body (although given that OBS trucks were offered both n/a and turbo'ed, and given that I don't think the firewall changed much over the years, I think the plastic "scoop" would be the same regardless)...would like to keep it looking as clean/"original" as possible, so I'd rather not go the dryer duct route...but, if I can reasonably make rustnsuch's setup work (assuming it's still available), IMHO that would be the way to go :)

Thank you again ;Sweet

rustnsuch

Reaction score
That would make sense....forgive the dumb question, given that I've spent very little time looking under the hood of a factory turbo truck, but which would be longer?

Basically, I'm planning to fit this unit in place on a truck with a factory turbo setup, but with an earlier body (although given that OBS trucks were offered both n/a and turbo'ed, and given that I don't think the firewall changed much over the years, I think the plastic "scoop" would be the same regardless)...would like to keep it looking as clean/"original" as possible, so I'd rather not go the dryer duct route...but, if I can reasonably make rustnsuch's setup work (assuming it's still available), IMHO that would be the way to go :)

Thank you again ;Sweet

Yep it's still available

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online