Hypermax 330 chip just installed

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all I can saw is WOW

the Hypermax 330 makes just as much power as the TS 4-position I used to have, but with lower boost and MUCH lower EGT's. and the best part is the drivability is AWSOME, the throttle isn't touchy and jumpy like with the TS. I think I've found the best chip for my 6-speed!!!

IMO the TS is over-rated, I had it and it did make good power but with high EGT's and drivability concerns with the 6-speed, and the 4 positions were useless it was more like a 2 position chip.

I am very happy with the Hypermax

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the TS have a custom burn on it? There are a couple of guys that are writing some really slick programs for the TS so it will do what YOU want it to do. But I am glad the Hypermax is working out for you too.

dondiesel444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the TS was burned for my year and 6-speed, but I was never happy with it. it was a few years old. maybe they are burning better programs now?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don,

I take a heck of a lot of abuse for sticking up for Hypermax "old outdated" chips, but they really are good.

I tried 6 other brands and never could get them to run my truck right. They always had too much timing advance, injector rattle, etc.

Ron is a really good programmer.

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
Hypermax???

Don did the person you got the TS chip from try to work with you to get it right? Or did they just sell it to you and forget about you? I usually work with the person and check up on them even after they buy the chip to make sure they are happy. If they aren't I try to make it right no matter what. A happy customer is a repeat customer. I guess it all comes down to your dealer and personal preferance. I have had 2 -3 Guys that were running Hypermax 125hp chips dump them in favor of the TS 4 pos. I have also sat down with them on a coulple of days, burned and ran dozens of programs until they were 100% happy. I'am constantly trying new programs to see which ones run better. I guess thats the benefit of having 5 powerstrokes around on the farm....All in all I'm glad your happy with your chip.:yell:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thing I like about Hypermax is they have 7.3's on test stands and they can tweak their chip just to your liking. If you have Hypermax injectors or turbo, they can also take the test motor and tune the chip to them.

Strokin, good to hear you're tuning the chips for the customer's liking !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7