hummm shi@

omedrud

Reaction score
so i have a 90 ford 7.3 idi and am a long way from home and have no head lights or dash lights what happend is the igition was acting up and bought a new one put it in check it and everything checked fine at first and then went to put it back togther and now the radio changes stations on its own and i have no head lights no dash lights and the bulbs for the headlight are good and all the wireing looks ok as to what i can see any help would be great thanks

omedrud

Reaction score
i just replaced the slider down the column and everything was working great and now the lights wont work wont turn on or anything and their is a gray plug with 7 wires going to it the has 12 volts but i cant find where it plugs in i can drive durring the day and would like to drive at night but with no head lights im stuck and a long way from home ??? :confused:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Those slider switches have a little bit of adjustment on them. You may have it off a little to where it isn't going into the exact spot it needs to. Try loosening the nuts to where you can move it and see if you can get things working right.

omedrud

Reaction score
so i moved it and checked all spots but the main problem now is that i dont have power to 3 fuse location and headlight and dash lights are part of that problem the slider thing seams to be working cus of i can start the truck and every thing seems to work my only problem from what i found last night in the dark is fuse 4 ,8 10 11 all have no power in my 90 ford 7.3

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd say you need to determine what that gray plug is! It might be for trailer brakes, or something not always used, but it might also be to something important, like your headlights. You may also have a bad switch...ask me how I know! In fact, when I put the tilt column in my truck, I replaced the switch and lock and tumbler set to have about the same problem you have, no lights. Exchanged the switch and all is well.

omedrud

Reaction score
i have changed the switch and i know the gray plug has power going to it but what i don't know is where it plugs in at i know the fuse box does not have power to three of the fuses that it should and i cant figure out for the life of me where it goes but if i put power to them the head lights come on ??? and the radio keeps changeing stations and it didnt do that before and so im totaly lost but as of right now i have no head lights no dash lights and no dome lights and im running out of time any ideas :confused:-cuss