Home From 11 Day Trip....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well, I'm home from 11 days in Scotsdale Az for a horse show. Dirt, mud and rain were everywhere. Not fun.... On Sunday morning I needed to drive into the stableing area to pick up my wifes horse. Idiot security woman at the gate told me I couldn't drive in to get my horse. We were all torn down and cleaned up the day before. I told her "I'm going in, open that gate". She said I would be arrested if I did......:dunno cookoo :backoff -cuss I drive in and am surrounded by several "guys and girls with radios. The "head ***** said I just threatened to run over his security person at the gate and they are calling the Scotsdale police to have me arrested for threatening her life with my truck.......*** homer............ I got the guy in charge of these people. He is a personal friend of mine and knows me. Now I'm really mad cause some "lady" has lied and accused me of trying to hurt her so my friend cools everything down. Asks mye to appoligise to her and be a man about it. I shake hands with all, say "I'm sorry,,, Its all my fault you didn't understand all I needed to do is pick up my one horse and nothing else. Seems some people bring in their trucks and trailers and cause a parting mess for others trying to just go home.. We all know who they are but I'm not one of them. So off I go but some people should never be given power are be working security. We never have had any trouble like this in any other state or when we show in Canada. Just this little mess here. Well, the truck tran fine. No problems with the motor and head studs. I did loose about 3/4 inch oc coolant in the overflow tank. Plus driving home I saw some oil under the truck all the way back to the trailer. Seems the trans stick wasn't pushed all the way down on the fill tube. Now why would trans fluid be pushing out the fill tube? The temps reached 170 degrees on the trans so that couldn't be it. It was not the overflow vent either. So a long trip comes to and end and I didn't meat the sherrif or see the bars....:thumbsup:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a messy situation. I too have met the overly eager to arrest someone types. It's almost as if they aren't aware of reality and have some fantasy situation concocted up in their head.cookoo

It makes me think that more psychological screening for these people would be a great idea. Glad you didn't have to meet the sheriff or any of his hotel staff.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I love people like that. Hauled a load of cardboard boxes to the dump, paranoid retard at the gate somehow thinks i have biohazardous material in there, and starts yelling at me to step out of the vehicle. That was a fun ordeal. It was entertaining to watch him dig through all the empty boxes in the back of my truck and cuss when he didn't find anything and realized he looked like a complete ass.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel I'm a magnet for all the a$$holes out there. I really try to see things from their points of view but sometimes I get hurt trying to figure them out. Maybe its me???:dunno

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, we have a whole class of kids wanting to be cops on campus! When I worked on grounds maint. one of them stopped my boss on a tractor going down to the Paul Bunyon show, told him he had to go the loop road, about 3 miles worth on a tractor running 5 MPH! He said "like heck" and started on! The moron literally put his hands on the front of the tractor (1530 JD) and braced himself like he was going to stop it! There were about 10 of us on the trailer behind it, and my boss just dumped the clutch, shoved the guy about 20 feet before he realized he was not going to win that tractor pull! Darn good thing they don't carry guns, cause I think he was crazy/mad enough to have used one!

I see the same thing daily in the prisons, they put a uniform on some people and all the sudden they are the freaken FBI!

Anyway, glad to hear it was a good trip overall. Hope you find the problem and get it worked out with the leakage. Good luck buddy and hang in there, you sure have had your share (as well as a few others) of the bad kind!

tractorman86

Reaction score
yup, it is hard to find good people in that part of the state. everyone there is easily intimidated and become beligerent and dangerous quickly. i could have shown you a couple good places around there, and checked out your rig;Really glad you made it ok tho.:thumbsup:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Close shave Gary. From what I hear that's a part of the country where law enforcement can be especially belligerent. I know they have to be nasty with the truly bad guys but I think they should save it for them! About your truck, who knows what could have happened with that trans. fluid or the coolant in the overflow...I sure wouldn't worry about the coolant though its natural to be paranoid when you just did head work... loose clamps? You're pretty sure the transmission wasn't at all overfilled right?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel I'm a magnet for all the a$$holes out there. I really try to see things from their points of view but sometimes I get hurt trying to figure them out. Maybe its me???:dunno
gary-
I know you have my phone number. I'll take a collect call and throw bail:D;Sweet
and then post about your ass getting thrown in the clink:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
what are friends for?:D

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel I'm a magnet for all the a$$holes out there.

There really is something here.. needs to be studied by an MIT dude...:dunno
Glad your trip went well though ;Sweet

I've had a run in with people like that before too. One time while delivering a piano in a new neighborhood some security guy was like freaking out that we were in there with a trailer. I guess he thought we were there to steal stuff from the construction sites. We were like.. "whatever, call the cops man. They're not going to do anything, we're supposed to be here." After a few minutes of that the guy was like.. OHHHH ok, bye. It was really retarded.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks Calvin..... That was funny... I needed the laugh.... About the trans, I know it was full to the mark. I do have the Mag Hytec pan on it. That holds 2 extra gallons of trans fluid so I do need to check it for the now level. As for the coolant, I have been watching it and it seems to have settled out. Maybe ot was just air leftover from the stud mess but that was about 1400 miles ago. I do check under the hood often just to monitor the levels so I can see a trend happening. In both of these issues I saw nothing trending in any direction. Maybe an Az squrril tried to steal mt trans dip stick for his den or maybe a lite saber to impress others.:dunno Anyway I need to change oil and check for loose clamps now. Some really know me.... I NEED something to do all the time....:D :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online