HI YALL from South Texas

DiecellDan

Reaction score
Whats up yall. Im Dan from South Texas. I drive a 1994 F350 IDI Garret Turbo 4X4. Tryin to get used to this site. im not much of a mechanic but I usually put in my on wrench time on my truck within my scope. lately i noticed my "Wait to start" hasn't been coming on and I've been having rough starts. any help would be appreciated.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glow plugs or glow plug controller are likely causing this, always use motocraft glow plugs when replacing. Testing them is simple and can Be learned from this site also in the search function. I'm not to sure I'm how to test controller as mines been wir d out and replaced with a manual operated switch

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chances are one or more glow plugs are bad. If you can ohm them they should show 1 - 10 ohms if good and nothing if bad (open). Change all glows plugs so you know where you stand. RULE #1 is always use Motorcraft or Beru glow plugs. ALWAYS! All of the others will not last and will cause you big problems. Good Luck! :)

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey dan, where are you located in s Texas? I'm north of San Antonio so if you're nearby I'd be happy to lend a hand in troubleshooting your issue.
Oh and welcome to oilburners;Sweet

DiecellDan

Reaction score
Hey thanks guys!! from WAAYY south. Rio Grande Valley.
Im gonna change out the glow plugs and glow plug relay this weekend. hopefully that fixes the problem.
Also, i noticed the plug above the fuel heater was very brittle/warped and may not be making contact. do any of yall know the part number or have any recommendations to repair it?

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
start making posts in the IDI forum for more visability on your issues. as for the plug, many of the guys here delete the fuel heater. it really isnt needed for 99% of us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac