help

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
so i helped my buddy install an edge juice with attitude into his 98 2500 ran great till we set it to extreme and stood on it. Then it died now we cant get it to run. I dont know much about these things so i was wondering what you guys could suggest. We checked the lift pump and it is good but then we checked the injector pump and when cranking it only dribbles. any help is appriciated thanks in advance guys.

joe_diesel

Reaction score
Did go back to factory settings and attempt a start? Not to say it is related but, sure makes one wonder.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
yes we pulled the chip back out and tryed to start it but it still wouldn't catch any other ideas guys

Whit

Reaction score
you pulled away from yer fuel supply...the OEM lift pump couldnt keep up and the VP ran dry, very riskey..........you need to pull the codes and hope ya done have the dreaded 216 death of VP

smookthis05

Reaction score
Sry buddy but you blew your injection pump. The 24v pumps are lubricated with fuel pumped from your lift pump. When you put that chip to extreme you starved your pump. I would suggest a fass or airdog system soo you do not keep replacing pumps. The same thing happened to me on my 2001. Double check everything but chances are this is what happened.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
alright guys so the pump is bad. What is going to be the biggest bang for the buck here. He wants to run it on extreme so i'm guessing we don't want to just replace it with another stock one. what is a good one to get and where can i get one. Thanks for all the help guys.

Whit

Reaction score
get the HRVP.hot rod VP, and also get tyhe airdog or fass as recommended and a fuel pressure gauge too....plenty of dealers sell the pumps out there just take yer pick

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Ditto to what Whitmore said. If your bud is wanting to go all-out go ahead and get the HRVP. Many vendors sell them. And absolutely get the auxiliary pusher pump and a fuel pressure gauge. While the lines are off and need to be bled, he can also opt for a set of new injectors which will give a big power boost as well.

I'm going to ASS-U-ME that your bud already has a set of gauges for boost and EGT (and trannie temp if it's an auto).