Help! With engine mounts

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I took these guys loose for oil cooler R&R, and now the boltholes are ever so slightly off...maybe a thousandth or even millionth of an inch, any idea how to get them to lione up? The engine was not removed, just raised off the mount a few inches. Thanks!
J.D.

vail54

Reaction score
Sounds like you have taken the bolts out of the engine block and left the frame "saddle bolts tight" if so you can loosen the ones on the frame and get some movement. just a thought.

vail54

Reaction score
Just loosen the nuts that attach the mount to the frame the hole is slotted some then put the bolts in the engine snug them up then lower the engine to the frame so it settles down where it belongs then snug up those nuts. Good to go?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So jack it up some before I loosen the other bolts, after I loosen them? Or just loosen them, then snug up the ones in the engine. I hope something like that works, this is a real bummer to deal with, as has this whole project.

Joe Mc

Reaction score
You can loosen them before or after, you just need to get the weight off the motor-mount so it can move a little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online