HELP! Tranny is Shot

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
can anyone reccommend a good place to get a new or reman 6-speed trannie. I just put a new clutch in it and there was a bad noise so I sent it to a shop and they said that a bearing was going out in the unit. The first shop wants $3400 for a new unit from ZF. Another shop said it's probably going to be around $2k or more to rebuild mine depending on what's f'ed up in it. Ford Parts Direct has a new unit for $2400 plus a $600 core charge but Lord knows what the frieght is going to cost me to ship the new unit in and the old unit out. :puke:

Any help would be greatly apprciated.

MudHog

Reaction score
Try Dale Larkin @ 800-572-1422

He is a Ford part dealer and has excellent prices. Shipping shouldn't be that bad. Motor freight will be cheapest. If you need to I can give you my address at work and have them ship it there to unload with fork lift and I can bring it to you in my truck. Your only 45 minutes away from me. Dale might not charge shipping if it's sent to a company address too.

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MudHog said:
Try Dale Larkin @ 800-572-1422

He is a Ford part dealer and has excellent prices. Shipping shouldn't be that bad. Motor freight will be cheapest. If you need to I can give you my address at work and have them ship it there to unload with fork lift and I can bring it to you in my truck. Your only 45 minutes away from me. Dale might not charge shipping if it's sent to a company address too.

Dale isnt at powerstrokeshop.com any longer, but his counterpart Chris is doing a superb job of running things in Dales absence. I would encourage you to call Chris at the number Mudhog posted above. I know of a user that just had a tranny shipped to California from them, and had nothing but praise for the way Chris handled the transaction. ;Sweet

READ ABOUT IT HERE.

BJS

Reaction score
I've gotten several trans from www.mantrans.com for different vehicles. Good shop w/ good warranty. (1yr unlimited miles)

Edit: They are the remanufacturer that I've found out that most of the shops use in this area. Actually came recommended by a tranny shop. You'll have to do the swapping yourself or pay someone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.