Help, need cold start help

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Ok. Friends 7.3 is giving him fits. Starts great after 10 hours on the job. But in the morning and its not that cold, it starts, runs for 30 seconds and then dies. Then its impossible for him to start. Told me he has to use ether. Been warning him but says its the only way to start. Said last week once it started it blew a huge cloud of smoke. Couldnt be sure of the color. This week says no cloud after second start on ether. I put it in the shop and hooked the psi guage on it. Got a bouncy needle, 4.5 to 5.5 lbs. Purged it and got a good bubble then got steady stream of micro bubbles. Could be the guage. Its a Snap On. Dont get me started on Snap On. Any way. Any ideas. Oh. Controller and plugs are working perfect. Gut says fuel.

tractorman86

Reaction score
had a prob like that before check the steel fuel line down by the frone crossmember. they tend to whear out by rubbing on frame or crossmember

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
tractorman86 said:
had a prob like that before check the steel fuel line down by the frone crossmember. they tend to whear out by rubbing on frame or crossmember

Did you have an external leak, or was it sucking air?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online