Help. Misfire / Engine Noise

rbear88

Reaction score
So any help would be appreciated before i hand it over for diagnoses. The engine has about 100k on it and i have recently been having a real hard time starting it in the morning 10F yesterday. I know i have two glow plugs that i need to replace. Ive attached a video of the issue i have been having. There is no discoloration in exhaust or anything else that i have noticed recently. Excuse the dumb air intake placement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EjBn5jk61g

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glow plugs and battery condition causes almost all hard starting in cold weather. You say you have two bad glow plugs, that is 1/4 of the glow plugs, and you are having problems starting in 10F weather? Replace those glow plugs with Motorcraft or Beru glow plugs. Any others are JUNK. Have your batteries load tested INDIVIDUALLY. You must be at 100% to run in winter successfully.

Dave

rbear88

Reaction score
I have replacement motorcraft plugs that i plan on doing after i find out what is causing the engine to behave in the video above. The glow plugs are small potatoes at the moment compared to this other issue.

rbear88

Reaction score
Yes the clicking and sounds like it misfires and clicks. I know it is difficult to hear through the video.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a bad injector. If you feel and hear a mis when you hear the click it has to me an injector.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have heard a similar sound from a bad vacuum pump.

That could very well be true also but.. did it cause a miss when it was making the sound? Not sure what the miles are on the injection pump or injectors but they also can be suspect. Might try running a double dose of fuel conditioner too. If there is a sticking pilot valve in the injection pump it too can make all kinds of issues. Might not make the clicking sound but sure can cause a miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online