Hello

loloc

Reaction score
Hello from Alberta Canada. I've had the 1992 F 350 Custom Long Box, Crew Cab 4x4 7.3 diesel for several years now. Truck sat for 2 years with a broken tourque converter, and I was finally able to spring for a rebuild at the local shop. I was about to tear down a 90 Ram w250 for axles etc for a gas jobber I had when I was approached for the 12 valve, the truck was fairly well beatup. The 12 valve customers wanted to put the cummins into an old Ford, but they let money get in their way, and I bought the Ford. I have become quite attached to the old Ford, the front seats are 2001 Ram, and the rear seat soon will be as well. The Ford had been painted, and the painter blocked the vents on both fuel caps with paint, many people were asked to cure the intermittant problems the truck had, but no one did until I bought the thing and called my then 83 year old father and told him what the thing was doing and he figured it out over the phone in less than 15 minutes. I love you Dad!
So I am warming up to the idea of a turbo for the old IDI. I could go 12 valve real easy, but I think this is more what I want. The re-built E4OD is breaking in well, the truck is alot of fun, and 1 tons are always handy to have around, especially when they are as reliable as this one.
I'll say Hello to all and be looking at the old IDI posts, have a great day all.
Loloc:D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
Several Canadian members up that way. This is a pretty laid back crowd. Feel free to ask. Since you are IDI, make sure you read the FAQ's and the Hall of Shame sticky thread before you buy anything. Save yourself a lot of time money and grief that way.

You won't even get too much harassment if you do a 12V swap. Plenty of them around here too in the diesel conversion forum.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to OB

Feloow Canadian here whom has worked and lived in Ft Mac

Now back where warmer and well generally happy here.

Sounds like the making of a good rig.

Pics or it never happened.

Read faq and start here n all you can.

If ever down this way drop in say hi.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Always good to see another local member. Ok, may a 9 hr. drive isn't local. :)
Welcome to the best forum for Ford/International IDI trucks and vans!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tony