hello from southwest ohio

78loadstar

Reaction score
Just got a new to me 1990 f-350 dually with IDI 7.3 in a standard cab. Gonna have some questions from time to time. Browsed a few truck forums but this one seems to have it together. I collect IH trucks and couldn't pass up one with a IH built engine.
I'm a retired truck driver and like everything truck. IH and Ford are favorites.
78loadstar-

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to OBN 78.yeah the kids are on leases here or shown the door.it's nice.wise choice.
iv gotta get back to Ohio someday.i gotta go see the rock and roll hall of fame!
enjoy the site!

78loadstar

Reaction score
Thanx, sadly I sold the loadstar. No AC and 6.5 mpg got the best of me. On a high note I got enough out of it to build the F350. still going to go by 78Loadstar.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd ? Loadstar = semi truck reason I'm asking is a my brain is foggy on models n eh I really enjoy 70's n earlier model rigs,from pick up to cars boats n anything with a motor n is just simple

78loadstar

Reaction score
Loadstars were medium duty. The next size up was the Fleetstar of which the majority were semi's, local fleets used them mostly. Transtars were the big boys all cabovers and mostly used by fleets that used them over the road. There were exceptions, what ever you needed IH would make it work for you. '78 was last year for the Loadstar, after that they went to a different body style and called them S series.
Dennis

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome had to look it up Google called them lodestars n remembered after I posted what they looked like would be cool to own n drive not as a daily driver though