Headlight lenses

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
OK, so its not specific to diesels, but I have a question about the headlight lenses for my "new" '98 F250.
The lenses on mine are pretty badly frosted. Even if it passes inspection, I will want to replace them at some point. I have seen them priced from about $150 each down to under $30 each. What is the difference? ( I mean besides $120).

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I've got a set of my 89 I'd sell ya....;Really

Let me see If i got any pictures....:D
I've got them off the truck let me see if I can get ya pictures of them....

Attachments

• various 019.jpg
    various 019.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 4
  • various 020.jpg
    various 020.jpg
    861.4 KB · Views: 6

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
When you consider how short the lifespan of the factory units is, I imagine the difference is about $120:D
I replaced both of mine along with their trim rings last year from Rock Auto and it was dirt cheap. I don't know about longevity, but after a year, they still look like they did when I put them on.

rttnron

Reaction score
There is a product called Crystal View available at Wal-Mart or can be ordered at www.MyHeadlights.com that works extremely well. I used it this weekend on a 94 Altima and it worked fantastic! Headlights look like new.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
I was curious about that....hmmmm....maybe its "rare" and one of a kind.....
lol.....just kidding man...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Hey Michael, I've als used a combination of medium and fine rubbing compound from 3M then chase it with a good autobody polish protectant. Once they start going it's a matter of just keeping up with them unless they start to degrade from the inside, then that's a whole new ball of wax. There are some decent products out there that do the same thing but I learned that trick from the autobody guys when I worked at a shop since the majority of the damage done is from road seasonings and bug juice.;Sweet

The reason some are so expensive is because they come with the marker light and headlight buckets. Tis what I did with Goldie. Was a better avenue for me since I was going a total makeover anyway.
I picked mine up for 250 clams for both sides complete assemblies.;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The reason some are so expensive is because they come with the marker light and headlight buckets. Tis what I did with Goldie. Was a better avenue for me since I was going a total makeover anyway.
I picked mine up for 250 clams for both sides complete assemblies.;Sweet

When I bought my el cheapos from Rock Auto, the $30 some odd bucks got not only the lense, but complete new headlight bucket assemblies with new adjustment mechinisms and everything.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Those are pretty cool-looking, Mel.

The lenses on my truck are groddy on the inside. If polishing and buffing was all that was required, I would try that.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I forgot, those el cheapos I got from Rock Auto even included new bulbs for that price. )Pretty hard deal to beat if not looking for something fancy.

Those ebay things look interesting, but what are they calling LED about them? the listing is conspicuously silent. are they supposed to have LED marker lights in there or ? So far I hadn't heard of an LED headlight bulb :dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726