Having issues with my tires....

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After coming back from lunch on some snowy roads.... I have come to the realization that I need some new skins. I put on goodyear wrangler ats? when I got the truck with 2 miles on it.... and at 22,000 they seem to have taken a ****.... I promise it has nothing to do with level 4 on the juice:moon: ... So I am thinking of BF Goodrich all terains..... Anybody have good experiences with them under level 4:angel: I am hoping for a little more traction in snow and some real good tread life..... Unfortunatly no tires like to be ;burnout but I am hoping these with hold up better...... -cuss :rock: :cheers: :thanks: :cool

PEANUTGRWR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I AM RUNNING MY SECOND SET OF BFG KO'S AND THEY SEEM TO BE THE BEST WEARING TIRES THAT I HAVE HAD ON THIS PICK-UP-------------AND I HAVE HAD APROX 5 SET ON IT IN 90K MILES:)

Max Power

Reaction score
I would go Bridgestone Revos if you can find them. If you want a high mileage tire go with the Michelin.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my way to work, I was coming down a bridge over the river and I lost the rear end in the slightest bit of snow...... I need to add some weight and get some lugs back there......

Revos... or AT's

Anyone else with sugestions...

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of Goodyear Workhorses on the back, theyre worn down to the wear bars with about a gazillion miles on them, they wear like iron but they suck in snow. This is good because I have a ton of weight on the front end which has new Michelins (I hate Michelins) and no weight in the back. SO when it snows I can drive all over the place fishtailing like a madman, and doing donuts like theres no tomorrow. Having such a long wheelbase lets it fishtail forever without wanting to come around like a short wheelbase. My old K5 Blazer would spin around so fast if I looked at the radio for a second, and sometimes I wouldnt even notice until I got down the road to where I came from.
I dont know why anybody would want good traction. That takes all the fun out of it. Bad tires in snow is like having 700 horsepower on a dry road!

flhrciblueice

"Git 'R Dun!"
Reaction score
Originally posted by DetroitDan
I have a set of Goodyear Workhorses on the back, theyre worn down to the wear bars with about a gazillion miles on them, they wear like iron but they suck in snow. This is good because I have a ton of weight on the front end which has new Michelins (I hate Michelins) and no weight in the back. SO when it snows I can drive all over the place fishtailing like a madman, and doing donuts like theres no tomorrow. Having such a long wheelbase lets it fishtail forever without wanting to come around like a short wheelbase. My old K5 Blazer would spin around so fast if I looked at the radio for a second, and sometimes I wouldnt even notice until I got down the road to where I came from.
I dont know why anybody would want good traction. That takes all the fun out of it. Bad tires in snow is like having 700 horsepower on a dry road!
Those K-Blazers do like to come around quick don't they!!:eek:
The old cj5 does it even quicker!! Not that I would do it on purpose though.:thumbsup:

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never got to try my CJ7 in the snow, had to give it up when the baby came along. (of course, that money went to buy my exhaust sytem on my Chevy, dont tell my wife)

I've found that my Sportsman 700 does donuts better in 4wd than 2wd. On ice it will rotate on the left front tire without leaving that spot, faster and faster until I fall off and throw up. ;)

CHarlan

Reaction score
At 416 HP, I am very happy with my BFG KO's... They worked very well in snow, clean out well, and wear very well, considering they are overloaded from time to time.. I think you will be happy with them.

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SUPPORT TEXAS MUSIC!!
ain't that where them thar Dixie Chix are from? Aw, they can jest go strait to hell!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online