Gots to have...

BigStroker

Koolege Stoodent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pacific
Its a bling bling truck look at the exhaust stacks and of course its a Pete. I seen a picture on another site I think it was uhgg TDS where the trailer had spinners on the wheels :rolleyes:
The truck looked good up until those ugly ass rear fenders and spinners

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
And $5 says he's removed the seat risers, for that lowrider look.LOL

We have a couple guys like that in our fleet.

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Remove those goofy ass wheels and fenders the truck would look normal or as normal as a goop wagon Pete can be. You look at the headache rack there must be a 100 lights on it for what purpose :confused:

I don't think I would want that Allied moving van in the background it looks like a International. I personally don't like COEs because they are a accident waiting to happen when it only takes one slip and your flat on your back.

I do like the headlights you can get for Petes that fool people to figure the truck is real old but it is a brandnew truck. A guy I know has a Pete its something like a 2002 but he has the old style round lights on it. When I first met the guy I said what year is the truck 77 he said no told me about the catalog of aftermarket stuff for Petes.

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Those type of rear fenders just don't get it. A full stainless is nice ;Sweet

Not much for COE's either, but a nice mid 70's with a long frame and a couple pieces of chrome sure makes for a nice looking rig. Being 'first' to an accident is not a good thing, but what can you do?

You can buy them old style lights all day on Ebay. Granted they do look better than the big squares on the new stuff :puke:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Pacific said:
You look at the headache rack there must be a 100 lights on it for what purpose :confused:

Most of the curtainsides, and conestogas, don't have DOT approved bulkheads, so the same rules apply as flatbeds. DOT says you have to have the headache rack, to keep the load outof the cab, in case of an accident.

One of our drivers had to stab the brakes, when a car ran a redlight, in front of him. He had a load of strip steel on, 3 stacks high. The center stack came forward, and would have been in the sleeper, if not for the headache rack. Still totaled the sleeper, but saved the cab, and possibly his life.

I agree, though. Those chicken lights are good for nothing, but keeping the shop help(me) busy all winter. The ones in the front bumper are the worst, as they catch all the junk that the front tires throw up. I spent a couple hours today, just working on marker lights on a trailer. I'll be glad when spring is here for good.

As for the fenders.....
I wish they would outlaw them. They do nothing but cause more debris on the roadway, when you nail a gator, or scatter a tire. Plus, most I've seen make it a pain to get the drive tires off. Oh yes, theyreally look cool, after you skin a trailer across them a couple times :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Swany said:
but loud pipes will

Bet he's got those flap weights that say "loud pipes save lives". The driver that got the Kenworth we finished Friday swears by that. If he heading down into a potential deer crossing, he rattles the Jakes, just to let the wildlife know he's there. So far he's never hit one....yet.

Max, on the other hand, removed a total of 9 from the population, with the Pete we just traded off. Hope he's a little more careful with this new Kenworth. Somehow I don't think that 1 piece hood will be as easy to repair, as the old aluminum Pete's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online