Got My Kubota D600 Running

MudHog

Reaction score
Fired up my Kubota D600 diesel engine over the weekend. Bleed the injectors and hot wired it to fire her off. She got some great throttle response and a high performance muffler (muffler has a rust hole in it, so it's "free flowing").

Now here is the kicker, I'm in search of a SAE 5 bellhousing with a 6-1/2" flywheel. If I can't find that, then I will have to go with a double bearing generator head and remote mount it from the engine.

Anybody got any contacts for a bellhousing?

I've tried my local Kubota dealer, but they didn't have anything available.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
you are going to run a generator right?

most if not all kubotas have a place to bolt on a crankshaft pulley for a PTO.
I've got a lil 13.5hp 3cyl kubota with two ptos. (it was a lawnmower before the rear end blew)

one pto goes to the hydro tranny on mine, and the other is hooked to a double V belt pulley.
Since it was hydro, the fan on the pto seems like a good idea with a genny.
I was making this old mower into a jobsite generator, Air compressor on wheels :)

just a thought.
Otherwise, good luck on the bellhousing.

MudHog

Reaction score
There is a yoke under the radiator that powered the hydro. equipment on the old mower. The rear of the engine (flywheel end) has a double v pulley and a electric clutch on the pulley.

The yoke in front turns at the same speed as the engine? I don't think it turns at 540 rpms like a normal PTO?

Worst case is I will mount the engine sideways and the gen head on side of the engine and run a double belt with pulleys, but a direct mount would be a little nicer.

I also found a guy in GA that has some 15KW gen heads that he would sell me for $150, but they are single bearing and need to be bolted to a bellhousing for use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online