Goodbye to the 7.3 IDI and hello to the 7.3 PSD.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Wrong forum.
But you don't really need the cluster, but will need most of the under dash wiring for the diagnostic port, idm, pcm, and complete engine harness.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of my OG IDI have almost 300k on them. Not sure where he is getting his info from, I think he has is backwards?

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
There is a guy on here that just did the swap. Search.
Hope the engine is as-advertised.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow OP guess you really got flamed!! LOL

As I've said before....it's your truck, you do what you want how you want, and don't listen to anyone else. Then what goes along with that approach is not blaming us when you're 3k over budget and your truck still ain't running.....:D:rotflmao

JosieGallows

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I went to a salvage yard and all they had was a 1996 E350 1996 Powerstroke Van. Are the wiring harnesses the same?

It's a complete donor with all wiring harness. I just now bought the engine on ebay. Having it shipped via freight.

EDIT: If anyone needs a 7.3 IDI Turbo block sleeved all 8 just contact me. Also have 2 heads rebuilt with brand new precups. injector lines, old injector pump, and intake. Pretty much any IDI part.

Last edited:

blackflag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 7.3 IDI, posted earlier in the thread about it and just sent you a pm. I'm in Tennessee as well on the eastern end of the state, not sure if you were near my location or not.

Last edited:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be mean. Everyone wants a custom vehicle that they made themselves! :) His will be hard work but it is what he wants

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my 2001 PSD and my 85 6.9IDI. In my mind they are seperate era's of technology and unless I was really set on a particular body style, I would try to stay within those era's regarding swaps for the sake of my own sanity. But I get how you always wanted a PSD. As the folks here have already said, its gonna be an adventure so for your sake I hope that at the end of the day the motor runs really really well for all your effort.

Definitely start looking in the PSD forums to prepare ya for all the little things Murphy has in store for you during the swap. I think the guys in the IDI section are more focused on working within the IDI world rather than trading out the IDI for something else.

Let us know how things go though, what you run into for issues will probably help someone else down the road.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont get us wrong, i cant lie, id love a PSD in my 87. but i already have a early gen and a late gen. ((as far as 7.3's are concerned) does a 6leaker even count?)
but this is not a novice swap. expect failure upon failure. and if youre not the type to accept failure as a learning curve, go buy a 87 mustang 5.0.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have given up on a project already don't start another one to do the same, complete the current one and be satisified in knowing you completed what you started.

In for the penny....be in for the pound...

selling a sleeved block with who knows what for quality and so forth of install etc as has been previously discussed because of a lack of $$$$$ in no way makes anyone enticed for spending $$$ on your failure.

Trust us you'll be better off completing what you have than going down the transplant road when you clearly don't know what is involved based on ????'s asked.

We could understand if you had tons of experience and $$$$ to spend but starting over mid point...is just going to be another crash against the wall in all likelly hood and more dissapointment.

JM2CW

eastsideauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's also gonna cost $5000 to rebuild and IDI, and knowing that 7.3 Powerstrokes are known to go to 300k before a rebuild

So what do you guys think?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

My 7.3 ISI has over 420k miles and that goes up by 50 miles or so daily. The IDI is stupid simple and a great engine. I call B.S. on a $5000 IDI overhaul. I've seen too many guys do it for lotsa cheaper.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Get a master rebuild kit for like 200 bucks, new bearings, rings, gaskets, IP, injectors call it a day!"

where is this master rebuild kit that you speaketh of. I want one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online