glow plugs - fast vs. slow heat?

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Yes sir, it was just fine - I kept it at 55mph (2200 rpms) so it don't burn too much fuel, I have no idea how much I actually went through, but it purred like a kitten (well, more like a tiger) all the way to Livonia. If anything it actually has better brakes and easier steering than my dually, which was needless to say a very pleasant surprise! One thing I learnt tho, Jake sucks at the whole convoy thing, he would speed up miles ahead then pull over on the side of the road and wait for me to catch up :backoff

But yeah, truck will not become a backyard paperweight, you can be sure of that - tis already cleaned up and vacuumed out, right now the goal is to get the glowplugs working fine, then next weekend tis the injector return line and over the weekend maybe exhaust (Jake wants it like mine, straight up through the bed) - we got a list of maybe 50 or so things that we want done soon, but many are easy like new heater core hose and vacuum pump belts. I have a camera so I will keep you updated with pics as work progresses.

Good, glad to hear it. I'm sure there's lots of life left in the old girl, and I bet she'll really talk to ya once you turn the pump up a little.:cool

Keep in touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online