Glow Plug Relay?!!

JustinC00

Reaction score
Hello all. I posted a few days ago, with a glow plug light that wouldn’t come on anymore when I put the ignition switch to the one position. I took out the relay( it is a 1985 truck that was given the update to the 1987 glow plug system). I fixed any loose connections. I took out the relay and cleaned the connections. I put it back in and now the glow plug light stays on for longer than normal, almost as though as soon as the key is in the run position it’s getting constant power. Do y’all think that the relay is stuck on? I have a new one coming but I’m just curious if maybe I have it wired wrong. I looked at some tutorials and as far as I can tell it’s wired right. Glow plugs are all new and tested good. Any ideas or maybe someone has a picture or two that can show me how this is wired up? If they have the updated system.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
If it it goes on for 15-20 seconds then off I would say you are good to go. If it suggests it’s on (Wait to start light never goes off but the controller does.) or actually goes on and stays on then you might have it wired wrong. Watch this video and you should be able to diagnose.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
440wagon