Fueling issue?

1992-6.9

Reaction score
From experience, I was always taught to start off in 2nd gear if the truck has a granny. I am pretty sure my ZF-5 has a granny, otherwise that is one HECK of a low first. Anyways, whenever I try and start off in 2nd, it takes a LOT of feathering the throttle ot get er to start off in 2nd. I was thinking maybe there is a fueling problem or something, like the time the fuel is injected or something?? I do know that it takes about 23 seconds to reach 60 starting off in 1st OR second.... :rotflmao truck has an '87 6/9. THANKS!!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You don't allways start in second gear, if you go up hill, pulling a trailer. I start most times in first but I use second gear when I think nothing will hold it too long.

aaklingler

Reaction score
First isn't really a granny, if i'm empty and on the level i'll start in second. How old is your injection pump and injectors? What does it idle at?

1992-6.9

Reaction score
Idles at around 500-600 warm. IP looks stock. I bought the truck in December last year. Even level ground I need to spin the motor to get going pretty good. truck has about 230k on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online