Fuel leak help

jfp3205

new ford 7.3 owner
Reaction score
I have a 92 f350 with the 7.3 idi. I have a fuel leak on the back of the motor and I think it is the "olive" in the return line. I went to the ford dealer to get one and they have no idea what I am talking about.
Can anyone get me a part number or the name of a parts store that might have that such as napa. My shop is working on it now but They will want to know the same info as well.
Thanks

gandalf

Reaction score
I'm not absolutely sure that all the olives are the same size. In face I think there are two sizes. I replaced the olives on the hard line between the fuel filter and the IP. Picture below, if that function works.

I bought my olives at the International truck parts counter. They are part #1815780C1, cost was $2.72.

In the picture you can see the difference between the old and a new olive. You should probably replace the olive whenever you take the line apart.

You must be registered for see images attach

gandalf

Reaction score
I found a picture which I think will serve. The hard line which I showed previously, over the yellow pad, is attached to things in this picture. It runs from the left hand edge of the picture (from the fuel filter), at a slight upward angle, into a radius 90° bend toward the bottom of the picture, and into the injection pump, the IP. This line is, in fact, the feed line for the IP. It has an olive at either end.

I believe there are olives elsewhere on the fuel system, but I have not yet had to deal with them.

You must be registered for see images attach