FS 1989 F250 4x4 HD Minnesota Clean Nevada cab! $1000

vaughnp

Reaction score
Selling my 1989 F250 Heavy Duty single cab. Hope to price it right for a quick sale.

Manual transmission.
Early 6.9 swapped in at some point.

The good:
Cab is near rust free. There may be some I'm not seeing but its in incredibly solid shape for its age. There is a dent in the back (see picture) and some things have been mounted on the cab. Can take more pictures if needed.

According to the carfax the truck lived in Nevada until 2005 when it came to Minnesota. From then on it spent time as a farm truck and I believe the mileage listed on the odometer may be accurate and not rolled past 100k. I have carfax available if you would like to see it, but can not guarantee the miles on the truck. That said, if the mileage is accurate thats great for the drivetrain, not including the engine which is not original.

Turbo Engineering exhaust manifold. Rusty but maybe worth something? Not sure if this engine ever had a turbo but someone may have had a plan in mind.

2 new batteries and new starter.

New injection pump fuel shutoff solenoid. Old one wouldn't click and I wasn't getting fuel at the injectors. Not sure of state of the injection pump.

Free and clear title in my name.

The bad:
Low compression across all cylinders, verified with two different compression testers, one a mac tools version.
6_9DU2U044133 engine serial number early 6.9 Cylinder PSI:
1) 160 2) 220 3) 240 4) 220 5) 260 6) 220 7) 200 8) 200

Leak down test showed air getting past rings and intake valve on cylinder 1 and intake valve on cylinder 4. This confirmed a rebuild is in order and I just don't have the time or space.

Tires hold air fine but are shot, but good enough to get on a trailer.

Cracked windshield.

Brakes may need work. Not sure of their condition, so it will be best if trailer comes right up to garage as my driveway is somewhat steep.

Exhaust is broken at muffler, but may be repairable.

The bed was swapped at some point and is somewhat rusty but usable. According to the tailgate dealer badge the bed is from Minnesota. I'm assuming since this truck was originally a Centurion conversion, it may have had a service truck bed in the beginning.

Interior is pretty dirty. Truck spent its life from 2005 on a farm in central Minnesota doing farm things. Plowing, hauling hay, etc. Previous owner didn't have much info past that. He didn't register it for road use during this time.

Any questions please let me know. Motivated to sell. $1000 and its yours.
Thanks!
Vaughn

You must be registered for see images attach

vaughnp

Reaction score
Some more pictures: