Friend Broke Her 6.0

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My daughters horse trainer has a 6.0 4x4 dually crewcab that is about 600 miles from home with a cracked block... Said the dealership in Grants New Mexico. She has lots of white smoke and no power in Reno Nevada so the dealer "fixed it" about a month ago. She got pulled over twice coming home by CHP because of all the white smoke the motor was puting out after it was fixed in Reno. She took it to her dealer at home and they told her the "other guys really didn't fix it... We did"... They all said the intake needed cleaning and an EV valve needed to be replaced. This was done each time. When it crapped out in NM she lost power, lots of white smoke and all the power steering and brakes were gone to. That was probably the serp. belt because of heat??? Anyway her trailer is an 8 horse and its fully loaded aluminum. I'm not sure what year the truck it is, probably the first year the 6.0 ltr motors came out. Anybody got some ideas whats going on? Miles are unknown to me but maybe around 50 or 60 thousand. I think she is towing just a little too much. The trailer GVWR is 25,000 lbs.... Any ideas... I have none because I drive an IDI truck. I don't really know much about the 6.0 motor. Thanks all...

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the EGR valve was changed and it also sounds like it puked a head gasket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7