Frickin' ATS are idiots!!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rawpower, I wasn't talking about your roof, I mean that stuff is gonna get in your windshield and limit your visibility. No load on the road is fine, but loaded engine in tricky offroad situation can bite you in the butt - however, I think if you make the exhaust come off the right half of the hood, and angle it so it ain't straight up vertical but tilted slightly to the right as well, you should be good :D

On the street legal issue - in TX you have to pass safety inspections, right? Tractors are indeed street-legal, but only on certain streets, their top speed kinda makes them not really a threat to traffic, whereas your truck can accelerate fast and top out high, so that puts you out of th tractor category and into the public safety hazard one, as far as the inspectors are concerned at least.

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
Rawpower, I wasn't talking about your roof, I mean that stuff is gonna get in your windshield and limit your visibility. No load on the road is fine, but loaded engine in tricky offroad situation can bite you in the butt - however, I think if you make the exhaust come off the right half of the hood, and angle it so it ain't straight up vertical but tilted slightly to the right as well, you should be good :D

On the street legal issue - in TX you have to pass safety inspections, right? Tractors are indeed street-legal, but only on certain streets, their top speed kinda makes them not really a threat to traffic, whereas your truck can accelerate fast and top out high, so that puts you out of th tractor category and into the public safety hazard one, as far as the inspectors are concerned at least.

yeah it would be coming out of the far right side of the hood, as far as I could get it. the visibility doesn't worry me too much, once all factors are taken into consideration.

I wasn't too serious about the tractor thing... but I am curious as to how legal/illegal it would be.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell the DOT guy you couldn't afford the full length exhaust because of the high diesel prices. He might go for it...probably not.

-Rob

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I figured I'm not the only one....

The pieces fit together almost kinda easily, but I guess once it's on there, it'll fill in nicely with carbon and seal up fine. I'm thinking I might drill and tap a hole and just put one small bolt in there to hold it in place...

Zigg :)

all im gonna say is that my junk ats crap has been on for a few years and it still leaks at the outlet/downpipe connection.wasnt worth the cardboard they shipped the crap in.

Rawpower

'Froading Freak
Reaction score
all im gonna say is that my junk ats crap has been on for a few years and it still leaks at the outlet/downpipe connection.wasnt worth the cardboard they shipped the crap in.

Mine used to not leak, but I took it off when I rebuilt the ZF, and now it won't line up properly again, so I'm thinking its going to

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i still had all my stock pieces id put them back in and smash the ats crap and send it back to them.that was the worse 800 bux i spent.my EGTs were cooler with the stock junk.they went up considerably with the ats junk.

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if my kit is going to leak or not, but my experience with ATS wasn't so bad. As you can see from my location that I live pretty far away from the US, but still I got a fast delivery from ATS. It was about 1,5 weeks from the day I ordered to day i picked the goods from the customs. Usually all the packages arrives faster to country where i live than it travels inside it.

So atleast they have one happy customer. Shipping wasn't that much either only about $90. Guy at ATS was Bryan and i'm happy of his service...

Few questions though
- Can the turbine outlet be changed only when I take the whole turbo off from engine? atleast it would seem to be easier...
- Do you have the torque specs for that turbine outlet screws?