For the OBS guys.............

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
{old body style};p

White woman got me a Serius Orbiter sattlite radio system for christmas.

Anybody have one, and more important----WHERE did you mount it?

Don't really want it suction cupped to the windshield and anywhere else it seems to be akward or out of comfortable sight/reach.

Lil' help
GEO

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
George is that some type of portable jobbie? The reason I ask is you say stick it to the winder. I have Sirius and the antenna is magnet mount slapped to the top of the cab.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Originally posted by argve
George is that some type of portable jobbie? The reason I ask is you say stick it to the winder. I have Sirius and the antenna is magnet mount slapped to the top of the cab.

Travis, is yours a seperate unit, or incorporated in the actual head {receiver} in dash?

BTW...........Hope Santa was good to you, Sherri and Sherman;)

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont hvae one geo, but I'm thinkin that the only feasable locations might be above the radio on the dash (assuming you dont have a guage pod there) or down by your right knee just above the transfer case shift lever (assuming you dont have a brake controller there?). But you know what they say about assumptions.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
George on both my head units (radio/CD players) the controls are built into the unit, but there is a stand alone unit that mounts somewhere in the vehicle (behind the seat, under the dash etc) then the antenna plugs into it and a communitcations cable runs from the stand alone unit to the head unit (radio in dash).

One unit is a Kenwood with sirius and the other is an Alpine with XM both are set up the same way with the box behind the seat and antenna stuck to the roof. Only have Sirius though, Dodge came with XM installed already but no service.

:santa: was pretty good even got goodies for the Nanny Goat Truck :D , but I hear tell Santa is sucking wind right now looking at the bank account or lack there of... :eek:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
I dont hvae one geo, but I'm thinkin that the only feasable locations might be above the radio on the dash (assuming you dont have a guage pod there) or down by your right knee just above the transfer case shift lever (assuming you dont have a brake controller there?). But you know what they say about assumptions.

Got boost and stack temp guages on the pillar;) and my brake controller is IN the little dash pocket;p

Don't really want that orbiter ON the top of the dash:sorry:
I'm thinnin' on adapting the mount arm so it can be mounted
on the blank part of the right side dash , next to the idiot lights.

And possibly mounting it on the metal upper windshield trim.

just need to think out the wiring on that idea
;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7