f650 or f750 info/ideas

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet found a nice f650or 750 80s vintage has a 7litre gas engine w/auto,need ideas for diesel trans plant maybe something diffrent?? any ideas? cat perkins ih cummins ...... this is going to be company truck ,it has enclosed utility bed w/air comp. and genset. this is going to be used for my new bussiness doing forclosure properties .. want to paint a giant american flag going across whole truck. i meet the guy monday so i will get pics:thumbsup:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
;Sweet found a nice f650or 750 80s vintage has a 7litre gas engine w/auto,need ideas for diesel trans plant maybe something diffrent?? any ideas? cat perkins ih cummins ...... this is going to be company truck ,it has enclosed utility bed w/air comp. and genset. this is going to be used for my new bussiness doing forclosure properties .. want to paint a giant american flag going across whole truck. i meet the guy monday so i will get pics:thumbsup:

Cat C7 or IH DT466 with an Allison would do the trick.

Tom

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
motor...cummins big cam 350.....why? parts is everywhere.
trans...super 10....will take clutchless shifting and parts is everywhere.
second choice.....
engine....DT466"E"....parts is cheap but service life not as good as above
trans...spicer 7speed...any four wheeler jockey can drive this trans but won't take to floating gears well.
Good thing about the second combo....7mpg for a big truck. believe it or not.....that's considered pretty good.

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: where would i find a cat or 350 cummins? and the detroit ? how much power can i get outr of these? and it has to be auto as only 1 employee can drive stick worth a ****. 94 had to replace cluth after 38000:puke:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I vote for the DT466 if it will fit. I don't know much about the Cummins 350 but I have yet to hear of a crappy Cummins.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Cummins with a manual. Crazy horsepower and very reliable.;Sweet
For the people who cant use a stick go with a Detroit with an auto. Slow with lots of smoke and noise.:D

pauls painting

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet :thumbsup: ok what type truck runs dt466/auto so i can start looking for this setup... someone said to go with cummins 8 litre that would be sweet.what kind of power does detroit 466 have? is this a idi? thanks for the ideas:hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can find the 466 family in just about an IH S Series truck, mostly the S1600-1800's. Same truck that ran a lot of our IDI's in them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online