f250 wheelbase questions

dieselutheran2

Reaction score
Hi there, new to the oilburner site. I am going to have to replace all of the wiring on my '85 f250 supercab. The reason I have wheelbase questions is I'm thinking of changing the cab from a super to a quad. A 4 door would fit my needs better than a supercab, but I don't want a 26' long pickup truck. I am wondering if I can put a quad cab on with a short bed and not have to modify the frame.

here's how you can help me. can you take measurments of your trucks, on the bed of a short bed, measure from the wheel center to the front of the bed or from the front wheel well to the front of the bed. If you have a quad cab, can you measure from the front wheel to the back of the cab or from the front of the front door to the back of the cab.

I haven't been able to find any specs on the trucks online (crazy, I know). If anyone has an original article reviewing the 1980-1986 f250 and it includes wheelbase dimensions, please let me know what they are.

finally, if anyone has actually done this type of conversion, let me know how it went. I think 1990's f series trucks had this setup, but I don't know if the '80's truck frames will accept this type of cab-bed setup. Thanx

:thanks:

supervert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im doin the same thing as we speek, super cab longbed is getting a crew cab and the bed wil be in the 7' range.
my old truck is a crewcab on a standard frame with a 5' bed

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is do-able...BUT...your floorpan must be modified. The factory lengthens the frame section between the front cab mounts to the "S" curve where it kicks back up to the rear cab mount. Basically, your "new cab" floorpan must be raised in order to make room for the "S" section of your frame coming up sooner. I've done quite a few of these mods and swaps on towtrucks in the past to put a supercab onto a 84"CA frame. The cab lengths are exactly an additional 2' longer from the reg cab to the super cab and another 2' for the crew from the super.
jesse-
if you're looking for a crew cab body, I am parting one out. Do drop by this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online