Engine Weight?

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score
Starting to search out and borrow an engine stand for my tear down and need to know what do these engines weigh fully dressed fellas, and please gestimators need not answer this ? on account of i need my feet. LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
These motors weigh between 1100 and 1200 lbs.. Use only a 2 ton engine stand and even then be very careful around it. No harbor freight 1 ton stand will support it. Others have tried.... Others have failed....

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I am going to use jack stands on my engine mounts when it comes time for the re-assy.

SWS

TwoTone IDI

ZF swap completed!
Reaction score
i used a 2 ton crane and a 1 ton stand. the stand is a relic, way overbuilt, and even then i was a little worried so i made sure to leave the crane attached with a little tension on the chain in case something happened

after i got the heads and crank out it was better, but the bare block has to weigh about the same as your average iron block/aluminum head setup

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i used the BIGGEST harbor frieght stand i could find, i had to notch out the one part so it would open enough to bolt on. i had no trouble with it, if it was sitting for a while i'd prop it up with a 4x4.

-Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online