dyno numbers

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does a drag time tell you what horse you have cause 209 is nice power and 275 is more than most on this forum from what i have seen i do know theres a few that have higher 290 to 305 the 305 guy was a rally dyno it and left before anyone could talk to him

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also im not doubting what you have said just interested in what you have going on as im doing a build myself

1993f250

Reaction score
Its some kind of formula one of my dads old drag racing buddys used to figure it up. Idk im just being honest about everything ive been told. I no when i ran on the dyno this year the owner of the dyno told everyone it was 100 to 125 hp off . Which is true cause my buddy has a cummins we dynoed it 2 weeks before rudys event then i put 110hpa injectors in it for him and he dynoed 70hp less with the new injectors

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 88 F-250 DRW and my truck runs 10.533 @64.54 MPH in the 1/8 mile getting 2.3 60 ft times @ 6000lbs

WHat was your time? and weight?

javier

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it sounds to me like the dyno needs to be checked out first and ive heard of that formula before my dad used to use it at the circle dirt track way cool i lov the old school stuff what is your milage on your rig have you rebuilt it and what are your other plans and ive heard from someone else here on the board talking about that guy who made your pump imma talk to him and make sure its the same guy but i think so if so i know hes been working on a stock db2 pump turning out that much fuel

1993f250

Reaction score
I was running a 10.6 and 73mph weighting 6800pds. I get my papers when i get home a put for sure what it was but im 898% sure thats what it was. And if i drive it easy i get about 17 mpg had the waste gate off for a while and blew the heads off so i did a complete rebuild on the engine. Next plans are a hx40 turbo. I would like to find some one that could build a stage 2 injector then a fuelsystem and intercooler

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would talk to mel for some injectors the moose misters would be great if your getting that much fuel and what kind of fuel system im building a new fuel system right now what did you do to your motor when you rebuilt it pistons balance? resleve?

1993f250

Reaction score
Im still studing on fuel systems but im think about a air dog system for a 12 valve cummins a plumbing it to my engine

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would be cool im gonna do something like a psd fuel system it will control fuel with boost levels

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your really flowing 178 ccs of fuel I imagine that thing smokes like a freigt train.
Get a bigger turbo for that amount of fuel. The banks kit is meant for mostly stock engines and amours of fuel the stock injection pump can put out.

Do you have a video of the dyno run? I'm really interested in this.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there pricey but well worth it big time his screen name is agnem on here and ask i think there around 1k but others on the board have emm and love them he converts ip's to moose pump kinda like what you have don he sells a whole set pop tested and matched and all theres alot of work that goes into them thats why there pricey but well worth it

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I have a 88 F-250 DRW and my truck runs 10.533 @64.54 MPH in the 1/8 mile getting 2.3 60 ft times @ 6000lbs

WHat was your time? and weight?

javier

My old brown truck was a f250 4x4 t-19 33 inch tires had ats turbo wastgated blocked shut, stock ip and injectors ip was maxed out, made about 22psi max and about 18psi going do the track, and i ran a 10.300 at best in the 1/8th mile spinning on take off, i think my best mph was like 66 mph

1993f250

Reaction score
It does some like a frieght train. Im about to buy a hx35 or hx40 tirbo for it. I dont have a video if it on the dyno but i have one of the first time i pulled it on my facebook page. The turbo in it now as a different wheel in it a surprisingly enough it does clear up once you get between 2500you and 3000you rpms but it clears to a dark gray haze

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger