DT360 into 1991 F350

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so besides it being a cool swap, is it worth the effort? now that there are two people on here with this swap it kind of makes me want to do it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have seen probably about a half dozen swaps for this engine. I think pipewiner is the closest to tapping the potential for this engine probably followed by Jon, and Jon is still running stock stuff wound up.

Mine is still slow at the moment but I plan on tapping the potential of this engine next. It is basically a stronger version of the 12 v Cummins and almost anyone knows the potential of them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Much better than the turbo idi. Where I'd be in 3rd wot to keep the EGTs down, I'm part throttle 4th with room to spare. It'll climb the EGTs if you're not paying attention. Still a good haze of black smoke under load. I'd like to get a bigger turbo on it to clear that up. Works fine as is, could just use more air. Factory turbo is tiny, maxed out around 24 psi.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Are you thinking of going with a wastegated turbo? Or stay non wastegated and just a different/larger configuration?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Worth every second. It's a Cummins on steroids. It responds better to modifications than a Cummins too. I've been told an awesome upgrade is a HE351 turbo, or one off a cat C7. Going to check the heavy truck u pull it Saturday scoping out kitties.

clifdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand there's a few of them. One of them is regular.

Yeah, I wouldn't even fool with the VGT. It came on the 07.5+ Cummins. HE351CW came on 04.5-07. I just picked one up for the 12v swap I'm planning for my 91 F350.

Awesome swap, btw!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Had a good weekend at the Bloomsburg jamboree. Hauled down my friend's F500 to use for a pool. Was a blast. Ran the ford on the dyno. Don't think it was a loaded dyno. Hp was where I thought, torque was way low. 231/332.

You must be registered for see images attach

..waiting to upload the video.

Then Sunday I hauled a 12,000 pound machine, no sweat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTAbT7wkqI

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Thanks Brandon. Didn't dress like that because I'm not ****. All part of being at the big monster truck mud madness show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7