Drop Bumper

Ncgomez65

Reaction score
I got a drop bumper on my 1986 f250. I want to put a tow package on it. My question is will I have to change the drop bumper, to a normal bumper to get the tow package on.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
depends on how much of a drop it is i have a short drop on mine and my receiver sits right under the bumper

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I have a pretty serious drop bumper on mine, and the receiver hitch has a similar drop to it. The side rails that go from the frame to the hitch tube are significantly longer...

I would say make sure and measure the distance from the frame rail to the bottom of the bumper to make sure the hitch will clear.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I just notched my bumper with a torch so my hitch would fit. I prefer my notched drop bumper to a regular skinny bumper.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
on mine I had a hole cut where the liscense plate bolted, and the hitch went throough there. I believe it was the same on the truck it came off of.
the plate was higher and the reciever was right under it

when I moved the bumper up to match the body lift, thn I had to notch it, I notched it to fit around the hitch, then welded it to the hitch the liscence plate now is over the old hole

here is a pict
bonus point if ya recognize the bumper

Attachments

• B0000592.JPG
    B0000592.JPG
    437.5 KB · Views: 62

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
on mine I had a hole cut where the liscense plate bolted, and the hitch went throough there. I believe it was the same on the truck it came off of.
the plate was higher and the reciever was right under it

when I moved the bumper up to match the body lift, thn I had to notch it, I notched it to fit around the hitch, then welded it to the hitch the liscence plate now is over the old hole

here is a pict
bonus point if ya recognize the bumper

Big Eds bumper.:love:
I sooo want one of those for Goldie.