Diesel wheel horse

Mighty Dodge

Reaction score
Not as cool or fast as Dave's BMW but here's my old Wheel Horse 1056 with a Lombardini diesel.

Attachments

• horse 8-20-09.JPG
    horse 8-20-09.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 17
  • horse5.JPG
    horse5.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 13
  • horse4.JPG
    horse4.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 10

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an old Jacobsen here that has a Kohler. I've toyed about putting those single cylinder diesels I see being sold here and there. But my Kohler is still okay.... so why swap....

Mighty Dodge

Reaction score
I didn't actually swap. A buddy gave me the tractor minus a motor. I had the diesel and was looking for something to do with it. So....

M.D.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh... It's a Diesel thing!!!!!!:sly

A thousand pardons...:hail. I overlooked the most obvious answer! :D (You're right, this IS a diesel forum.....)

I didn't actually swap. A buddy gave me the tractor minus a motor. I had the diesel and was looking for something to do with it. So....

M.D.

Ah yes..... you gave a 'dead' lawn tractor new life and a motor a 'job' to show what it can do...... a match made in heaven. ;p Well, maybe in a shop...

So what do yo do w/ the thing.....

Mighty Dodge

Reaction score
Right now just use it to pull a cart around the yard and pull a sulky with dad in tow at the steam/tractor shows. I'd like to rig up a pto and hang an old homelite generator on it that another buddy gave me. It's missing it's motor also. I could use it for remote power. I think it's around 3500 watts.

M.D.

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now just use it to pull a cart around the yard and pull a sulky with dad in tow at the steam/tractor shows. I'd like to rig up a pto and hang an old homelite generator on it that another buddy gave me. It's missing it's motor also. I could use it for remote power. I think it's around 3500 watts.

M.D.

I hear you about the generator thing. I've seen pics of old Sears Suburban 'accessories' and one item is a generator head that is mounted in the front and the belt goes to it. The only thing is to I suppose is to see if the generator runs the right direction as the motor (or if it doesn't matter). Just a matter of fabbing a bracket and tentioner for the belt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online