Deceptive site! - New google BS

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a huge red warning that this forum is a "deceptive site" and will try to steal your identity, etc. Apparently this is some new deal that Google is implementing to "protect their users". some info here https://aw-snap.info/articles/phishing.php

Apparently using ads can cause this - probably unless it is a Google ad???

Somehow I think Google is the real problem, they seem to track me (phone) everywhere. I guess this is just an expansion on them controlling our lives?

I am using Firefox (if that would make a difference). I think a lot of people will curb browsing if everything is made to look suspicious!

@Shaggy

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just on the phone with Shaggy, he's the guy who pays the bills here. He said if you get this warning, go into it and find the section that reports this site is not a pishing site. someone is the last couple of days linked us to a phising site and we're guilty by association.

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the same thing this morning...I blamed it on the Russians and clicked anyway.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or past members that are butt hurt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
i learned one thing a long time ago. You can't make everyone happy. As long as it appeals to most, that is the best I can achieve. The bullies....I just get to deal with them one by one. Just like in real life.

rotarydragon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the same thing under Safari as well. Reported as good then turn off the warning. Annoying.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's true (deceptive)... joined here years ago hoping for a chip to give my truck 500 hp and still waiting.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh thank the maker,that got fixed! i haven't had withdrawals like that,since i quit smoking over 3 years ago!:D

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this earlier....
Left site and when I came back now it was not popping up red.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this early this AM. I ignored the warning. &*^% google!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for reporting it as a good site. I don't understand google sometimes. I wish they would let me know what part of the site they think is despetive?