D50 New Bearings, and ball joints

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i am going to replace all the bearings and seals in my front end from the spindles out. I will also be replacing the ball joints. I may do the TREs, but i have not yet looked to see what condition they are in. Here is the list of parts i am going to order along with their part numbers. do you see anything that is wrong or missing?

I will return these ball joints when they come, but am leaving the info up for anyone who wants it.
RAYBESTOS Part # 5051156 Professional Grade
Front Lower Ball Joint; 4WD; 3850 Lb Drive Axle B

These are the lower joints I will be using.
RAYBESTOS Part # 5051103 Professional Grade
Front Lower ball Joint; 4wd 4600 lb Drive Axle 4.10 gear ratio

RAYBESTOS Part # 5001048 {#5001131} Professional Grade
Front Upper Ball Joint; 4WD B

TIMKEN Part # 382A Race Bearing
Rear Inner; RWD; Spicer 60, 70 Axle Full Floating Axle
4WD; Dana/Spicer 50, 60 Ser. Axle B

TIMKEN Part # SET38 Wheel Bearing and Race Set
Rear Outer; RWD; Spicer 60, 70 Axle Full Floating Axle
Front Outer; 4WD; Dana/Spicer 50, 60 Ser. Axle
Rear Outer; Full Floating Axle 10.25" R.G.; From 04/01/1994
Rear Outer; Full Floating Axle 10.25" R.G.; To 03/31/1994 B

TIMKEN Part # 387A
Front Inner Wheel Bearing; 4WD; Dana/Spicer 50, 60 Ser. Axle B

TIMKEN Part # 415960
Front Inner Wheel Seal; 4WD; Dana/Spicer 50, 60 Ser. Axle A

TIMKEN Part # SBK3
Front Spindle bearing and Seal Kit; 4WD; Dana/Spicer 50 Ser. Axle; Opt. Kit = Brg B2414, Seals 710044 & 710045

hopefully this helps some people out. Like i said point out if you see anything wrong or missing.

also i found this website very helpful.
http://www.showmetheparts.com/timken/

Last edited:

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Raybestos ball joints? I dunno if id trust those. Their brake parts have gone down hill. Just sayin

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i wasn't real sure what ones to get, but these are the top grade they make and everything i read says they are really good. most people liked them better than the motorcraft and they were a couple bucks cheaper. what would you recommend? :dunno what about my other question, do you see anything missing or wrong?

Thanks for the feedback.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
I think moogs quality has declined over the years. Spicer +++ ive also heard of a Canadian company making some beefy ball joints

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have everything. I needed wheel bearings on a sunday. I had to get chinese bearings from napa,a chinese race from oriley and another race from korea from pepboys and seals from autozone.nobody stocked all the parts at the same store

MOWOG

Gearhead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd double heck on the 3850 lb BJs. I thought they were 4600 lb for the Dana 50. I had to take mine back, but that was over a year a go, so...

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have everything. I needed wheel bearings on a sunday. I had to get chinese bearings from napa,a chinese race from oriley and another race from korea from pepboys and seals from autozone.nobody stocked all the parts at the same store

yep ordered everything from rock auto, that is why i asked everyone to look at my list and see if anything is missing, i want to do it right , with good quality parts all at once.

I'd double heck on the 3850 lb BJs. I thought they were 4600 lb for the Dana 50. I had to take mine back, but that was over a year a go, so...

Thank you!! This is exactly what i was talking about, i didnt even notice there was a different one till you said something. i will look into this.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok after some quick research. spicer and raybestos are owned by the same company, and apparently they are no longer making ball joints under the spicer name, it all got rolled into raybestos. there is old stock out there still. everything i have read is really positive about the raybestos ball joints so i am sticking with them. also as to which lower ball joints it is not real clear on the website which to go with. i have 4.10 gears so i am going to go with the 4600 lb ones.since they list that gear ratio along with the axle rating. thank you again MOWOG for pointing that out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online