Credit Card Year end Statement

82fordtruck

Reaction score
You guys aren't going to believe this - it surprised me too!

I just got my year end credit card statement, and my auto expenses went down by $400/month the month of June and stayed that way through the rest of the year. They are about $200/month since. This doesn't include gas or diesel.

What happened? I bought my new truck. I quit driving the IDI. My payment is 650 for five years......but I think the buyers remorse just went down quite a bit!

I think next time I'm getting rid of it earlier. Like maybe just a quarter million miles or ten years....whichever comes first.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Well....I am spending the money.....and then some. My payment is an extra $250 on top of that $400.

I've got some cheap projects for it though....
High Idle mod...
all headlights on mod....
onboard air.....
CB radio....

The only expensive one is the onboard air. You guys'll like this - high idle only requires a wire going to the computer. I can set at 900, 1250, or 1750 RPM using the cruise buttons. That'll go great with my york under the hood.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Well....I am spending the money.....and then some. My payment is an extra $250 on top of that $400.

I've got some cheap projects for it though....
High Idle mod...
all headlights on mod....
onboard air.....
CB radio....

The only expensive one is the onboard air. You guys'll like this - high idle only requires a wire going to the computer. I can set at 900, 1250, or 1750 RPM using the cruise buttons. That'll go great with my york under the hood.

Let me know how to do the high idle mod. I'm considering the all lights on mod as well, just as soon as I figure out how to get rid of those damn automatic DDL's. Ordered DuraFlaps yesterday...to the tune of $230. Mine didn't come with cab lights so that's next.

Tom

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
What where you doing to spend $3600 over a 6 month period? That's sounds crazy. I've spent less than that on mortgage. I'm only spending $140more than that on 2 new zero down cars (a 2007 and a 2004). I have a saying, "it's not how much you make, but what you do with it".