Crankshaft needed for 87 6.9l

bass guy

Reaction score
Hi all, I live in Athens GA and am hoping someone has a 6.9l crank for sale. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I don't use the forum as much as I should! Please contact me via email if you have one available

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any 7.3 IDI crank will work also. Same part #

As long as the same size bearings are used.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a member over there at that time as a lot of us old guys were. I have a crank from a 7.3 in my 6.9 now. Pushrods, lifters, rockers, etc.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Hi all, I live in Athens GA and am hoping someone has a 6.9l crank for sale. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, I don't use the forum as much as I should! Please contact me via email if you have one available
You never did say why you're looking for a crankshaft. Is your junk?

bass guy

Reaction score
Sorry, I had been called out of town and had no internet access. Yeah, the crank had been in my shop this past winter during the Thanksgiving holiday and, while we were gone, a bad storm knocked a large branch down onto the roof, the hole was right above the bench and the crank got so rusted it was a gonner! I found one at A&B salvage but was just told by the machine shop they had to bore the block at .060 over and found pistons but can't get .060 rings! I have 3 of these old rigs and love 'em all but like a crazy woman, they drive me nuts sometimes!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online