Continuous vacuum troubles

fastass350

SStock8569
Reaction score
I've always had vacuum issues with my 85, new pumps not lasting but a few months and old junkyard pumps lasting a year or better typically. I always start messing with the system come warm weather when the vents won't switch off defrost and the aftermarket heater valve won't suck closed. That's my issue now, not enough vacuum at idle to run those. Should I install a secondary electric and leave only the brakes on the factory one or does someone else have any better ideas.

Thanks
Chris

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like your getting some questionable pumps. Might try the oem ford part. Those look like what we buy in the after market but they are not. they are made to a higher standard using better materials and bearings. So you are adding oil but what kind are you adding. I think I recall STP was the recommended lube for the pumps. open the back plug. Allow it to drain out completely. then slowly add STP till it full. Some air gap is required for expansion. Should run forever that way. STP is slippery stuff. Might try something that has teflon in it also. Look over the Kano Labs site. they have many differant lubes and penatrating oils. They make the Aerokroil that everyone raves over. I have used it since the mid 70s and its never failed me. Better gun shops use it and I even saw it used by Troy Landry on the history show... Swamp People. His trusty rusty 22 rifle misfired so he sparyed the hell out of the bolt slide and fireing pin area. Then it worked fine.. Funny to see it used on that show way out in the swamps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726