Come on over

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha those "normal people" u talk bout ain't me.. i'm always up at early hours in the night.. i can never get this brain to shut down so i can sleep like them.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I hear that. I work odd hours and actually prefer to "sleep in". I seem to function at the highest efficiency between the hours of 9 or 10 am and 2 or 3 am which leaves 6 to 8 hours of sleep. Im only 27 but seems like 10 years ago sleep was an option every other day, now I have to get some and not getting enough will wear me down progressively.

I never expected to see 30, devil may care attitude and living too fast. Now I realize a little fore thought would have done me some good, i might actually have a clue now. LOL. Oh well live and learn, I work hard and I try to work smarter not harder so as to be doing this for quite awhile.

punk

wanabebig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha sounds like u and i would be a good working together team. i like to sleep in till around 10 or so and then i'm good.. but if i get anymore then around 6 hours of sleep i'm worthless, and heck i'm only 21.. and have only found a few that are like that

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 42 and have been dealing with work related sleep deprivation all my life. I do like sleeping from 3am -10am but just getting 6-7 uninterrupted hours of sleep anytime is good with me.;Sweet

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least I found some guys like me!All my buddies think I've got a screw loose for sleepin at the times I do.I've never been an early morning person.I guess I like the fact that most bosses I've had liked to go home early and leave me alone.:sly

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Calvin, I have been there literally falling asleep on my feet and you where running circles around me, 6 hours later I was back in the land of the semi awake and coherent and you where still going full tilt, and sick no less. I hope I can keep this pace for the next 20 years let alone try to accelerate to yours. LOL

punk

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Good to know im not the only one around here with early mornin projects;p
I have plenty of other projects besides the trucks listed below. So I always have something in my shop to play with. Right now its a 92 S-10 Blazer 4.3 4X4 2 door.
I have been working for myself for a couple years now so my hours are crazy. I want a real job again.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have plenty of other projects besides the trucks listed below. So I always have something in my shop to play with. Right now its a 92 S-10 Blazer 4.3 4X4 2 door.
I used to have one of those in four door. I liked it alot overall for a in-town putt-putt, but got rid of it when the trans blew and I found out how much of a ***** it was to R&R the trans.-cuss-cuss-cuss

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
bigrandy your about an hour from me (according to google maps and carson anyway). Let me know if you wind up on something thats time tight and you need a hand. I'll be more mobile once my poor cc is back under my ass and not killing grass in the yard.

punk

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad you're sooooo far away. I'd love to have helped you out. I love being under the hood on a project. Just finding the time can be biggest problem with any project eh?

Heath

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I had a deal going for a while where I was working 4 ten hour graveyard shifts on the weekends, and working my regular weekday shift at my old company...

I dont remember ANYTHING from my life during that time, it is all a blur...

I know I consumed a TON of coffee, but other than that, nothin! :rolleyes:

I agree with Heath, would've loved to work on that with ya, finding the time is a whole 'nother story!

turbo elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but have you guys thought about meeting up some where in the Portland area for a beer or coffee, maybe even with guys from the other IDI sites? it would sound like a plan to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online