Changing LED's in window switches ?

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I remember reading a post over a STD about someone who changed their window switch LED's to blue. I can not find it! Does anyone have any information on this? I am geting ready to do my dashboard and I want to do the window switches too. If anyone has done it, where did you get the LEDs.
Thanks all
Ken

jvencius

Reaction score
NJKen said:
I remember reading a post over a STD about someone who changed their window switch LED's to blue. I can not find it! Does anyone have any information on this? I am geting ready to do my dashboard and I want to do the window switches too. If anyone has done it, where did you get the LEDs.
Thanks all
Ken

Check out Ford Forgotten's site HERE . IIRC, he mentions that the door switches weren't too bad to swap, but unless you've got a REALLY good reason to swap the dash lights to LED's, don't try it--it's too much work.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. I changed them.

Door switches are easy.
Headlight and 4x4 switch arent too bad.
Cruisecontrol is a pain
Dash is a nightmare.

http://forgotton.net/diesel/blueled/ is the direct link to the pics.

and this is what it looks like all done.

You must be registered for see images

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
That is the info I was looking for. I just could not remember who did it. Thanks Daryl!
How did you change the dash to blue? I ordered bright blue LED replacements for the incandesent bulbs. I hope they are bright enough. Your truck looks exactly like I want mine to. I gotta match the color of my Sirius radio :D
Ken

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Reaction score
:hail
Got to hand it to Forgotten on his dash mod's. The complete install looks really cool. Been starin at the Ford green dash for so long (17 yrs, 5 trucks) that I'm not changing mine, but damn that looks good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online