CDR PN's - Factory Turbo

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I have been having trouble with the ford system on the part numbers for the CRD Parts.

I bought the grommet that fits into the Valve Cover. There are two PN's for this, one is about 8" long and the other is about 3". Is this a cut to fit part?

The other trouble we have not addressed is the hose going into the intake hood. Mine has what looke like a prebent heater hose, and his computer shows a hard plastic line. What is the factory setup like? Does anyone have pictures?

Lastly, the air intake from the scoop to the filter box. He said it has an updated P/N, but the new one is a bit longer. It is a soft plastic instead of the hard plastic, and looks very durable, so i plan on using it if it fits. He double checked to see that it was for an IDI turbo, and said it was. He even printed the sheet off for me. Has anyone bought this tube lately?

Also, this guy is usually incredible with parts for me. This is the only problem we've ever had, and I've seen the blown up drawings. Ford has all the grommets with the same part number, ect. It's a mess, but it's not his fault.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Nobody -

I figured out the air intake parts were from a PSD - but I'd still like to see pictures of the hose going from the CDR to the intake on someone elses truck with a factory turbo.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
On the intake parts if you're talking about the snorkel and flex hose that goes from the air box to the rad support, I would just remove them. All the snorkel does is restrict air and the flex hose on the air box will collapse under hard throttle when left by itself. :rolleyes: I know from experience pullin' the TT up hill, 70 MPH and, WHAMMO! No air, plenty of black smoke :D and we coasted to a stop. No damage but the hose has sit in the garage since then!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
Nobody -

I figured out the air intake parts were from a PSD - but I'd still like to see pictures of the hose going from the CDR to the intake on someone elses truck with a factory turbo.

Mike

I have the ATS turbo which is the same as the factory turbo. Mine has a pre-bent metal line with a rubber hose at the end to slide onto the intake. Wife is driving the truck so I won't see it again until this weekend to get a better description, but you might try ATS for the part. Should be interchangable.

Tom

82fordtruck

Reaction score
that's what I wanted to know. Somebody must have rigged something up....

I'll take pics, but that's not at all what I have.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
can I just buy right from ats? Ford has some wierd part, it's what I have but it didn't work very well. I guess they "upgraded"

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
krawlr said:
How did you get to the PDFs on thier site. :confused: Or can you give me the link for the non wastegated system?

And I want to know too, who do we go to for parts on these?

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.atsdiesel.com/PDF/6.9-7.3-088-Ford-Turbo-System-Layout-sm-A4.pdf

Just go to their website, select Ford, turbo systems, then technical information (system info is hi-lighted, technical is not). Took me awhile to find it.

I'm sure if they want the business, they will accomodate any request. I have not had good luck with them, but that was before the company/website makeover. I wanted to buy new ATS Turbo emblems from them. They said I could have some free of charge. After three requests and offering to pay for them I still have not received them. That was two years ago so I moved on to plan B for emblems.

Tom

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
TLBREWER said:
Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.atsdiesel.com/PDF/6.9-7.3-088-Ford-Turbo-System-Layout-sm-A4.pdf

Just go to their website, select Ford, turbo systems, then technical information (system info is hi-lighted, technical is not). Took me awhile to find it.

I'm sure if they want the business, they will accomodate any request. I have not had good luck with them, but that was before the company/website makeover. I wanted to buy new ATS Turbo emblems from them. They said I could have some free of charge. After three requests and offering to pay for them I still have not received them. That was two years ago so I moved on to plan B for emblems.

Tom

Ah, thank you! Right in front of my nose. cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online