cavitation fluid

lastbugle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I got the radiator to hold fluid,
I read the cavitation link.
(The following is a list of Coolants/additives that will prevent cavitation copy in article)
I want to put the Zerex 5/100 (white bottle) Antifreeze/Coolant
how many gallons of antifreeze do I need to help stop the cavitation problem.

thank you for the help.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Your cooling system will hold about 8 gallons. Does the Zerex have the SCA's already added to it? I went an bought 8 gallons of 50/50 Fleetguard antifreeze with the SCA's already added so I didn't have to worry about mixing anything.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever stuff you choose (using DCA2 or DCA4 technology), make sure you pick up the test strips to check it once a year or every 10,000 miles. Availability of the test strips may help you determine what coolant you want to use.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Some guys get the napa stuff other get the fleetguard at IH or Truck dealers. What ever You use make sure it is made for the specific coolant You have in use and keep it that way meaning no mixing with other brands. You can also get a precharged filter with all the additive You need in it, this way You just replace the filter once every few months and You add the filtering to the coolant.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
if you get the stuff that is cat ec-1 compliant which is extended life coolent you wont really have to worry about scas

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
no, zerex doesnt have SCA's, i used zerex the last time i changed my coolant and i put two pints of penncool SCA additive in with it.

lastbugle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so heres what the guy behind the counter at napa thought would work.
does this sound right .
I have three gal of zerex original formula low silicate green, and one pint of NAPA KOOL system treatment.
thanks all for the help.