Can I pull a 14,000 lbs trailer

japar

Reaction score
I have a class B CDL , my 94 F-350 dually is registered with at 12,000 gvw. I want to register my tri axel 34' Cargomate enclosed trailer at 14,000 lbs the tag clearly states 18,000 GVW. I haul car parts I manufacture to swapmeets from Ma to Conn, NJ and Pa. Do I stop at weight stations should I get the DOT # Should I put my name on my truck.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I don't know what the laws are like there, but here the law clearly states ANY vehicle with a registered weight over 3000KG is required by law to stop at the scales.

HOWEVER, anyone hauling Uhaul trailers, campers, small trailers with a regular tag on the towing vehicle (a non commercial tag) usually get away with bypassing. The best thing to do is stop into a weigh station, park in the staging area and go instide. It never hurts to ask, as most DOT officers are happy to deal with people.

Besides, it's us big truckers that they like to pick on!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a class B CDL , my 94 F-350 dually is registered with at 12,000 gvw. I want to register my tri axel 34' Cargomate enclosed trailer at 14,000 lbs the tag clearly states 18,000 GVW. I haul car parts I manufacture to swapmeets from Ma to Conn, NJ and Pa. Do I stop at weight stations should I get the DOT # Should I put my name on my truck.
you're a commercial hauler.
first, you exceed the 10k gvw max on a trailer.
second, you exceed the 40ft max length for the combination.
third, the cargo you are moving is not yours and you are hired out to move cargo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726