Came to the dark side

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about this thing, I rarely see any smoke out of it. Hell, it passed smog for the seller with a super dirty air filter.
Travis..

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your dodge can pass then the 6.5 will never have a problem. I've seen trucks set up like yours dodge and was surprised they were even road worthy with the smoke they puked all over the road under load. 6.5's run clean, a bigger turbo helps all around, you'd be surprised at what the truck could do after that.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Dodge isn't smokey, only if you lug it and a bit when you shift. The Dodge doesn't need testing though, just the Chevy. California makes you test 98 model year and newer diesels. The need to test this truck was one of my cons to buying it, but it should be fine.
Travis..

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its good, drove it to Death Valley and back a couple weeks ago. Dirt roaded the hell out of it too. She's a good road tripper, smooth ride and 19 mpg to boot.
Travis..

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sold/gave the 6.5 to your father.......

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed, my dad is now rockin with turbo power ;Sweet He came to visit over the new year and liked the truck, so I did a bit of horse trading with him and he drove it home. This is actually ok with me since part of the deal was another older Dodge to take the place of my 71 Dodge that is at my FILs house. The plan is to bring the 71 home and get it fixed up a bit since it's really one of my favorite trucks I've had.
Travis..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online