C6 troubles

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so starting couple days ago my tranny has been acting weird. It has started shifting really late, like id be sitting there in first gear waiting for second and then when it does finally decide to shift, it is extremely harsh. The same thing happens going from second to 3rd. But if i floor it and get it going really good it shifts a lot better. Any Ideas?

rthomas

Reaction score
take a look at the vrv (vacuum valve) on the side of the ip, if you are losing vacuum it will shift late or sometimes not at all

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey so it turns out that the black plastic piece that the 2 vacuum hoses plug into the IP on snaped in half... Anyone know where or how i can fix/replace this quick and cheaply?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm

Any idea on the cost associated with it, a price range will work, will it be like 100 - 150 bucks or like 10 -20? if u have any idea...

suv7734

Reaction score
They are a stealership only item. They are spendy. Last one I bought was $123.15 my cost ($175.93 retail). That was in June 2003 and in Canadian dollars but it is still not going to be cheap. The part number is F0TZ-7B200-A.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fixable?

Im gonna examine this closer, and it might be fixable, what happened is on the vrv there are the 2 legs that come off of it, 1 of them broke so i might be able to fix it or make something to fix it. We will see, ill post pictures and take advice.

For the mean time though, this is my daily driver and i actully still have to go home tonight, is there a temp way i can make it nicer to drive home?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed kinda

Well i found a way to fix my problem, a lil duct tape and some super glue and she was all good and happy again. It turned out i broke off one of the fingers so i glued it back on and taped it down, so it should be good now. tomorrow I'm gonna get some high strength epoxy and glue the crap outa the piece down so it never breaks off again.

Thanks for the help, i woulda never figured it out.

Thank you again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online