busy day!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
hee hee hee,Check what I did today.....anyone wanna pull out in front of me now!oh,The stacks are only mocked up,Waiting on the rest of the pipe to get here so they will be about 12" taller installed.
You must be registered for see images

Freight_Train

Reaction score
The one on the left is my K3HA nathan Airchime and the one on the right is my Leslie RS3K.Only gave a shade over $300 a peice.Pretty much going rate amungst collectors is for normal horns a bill a note but can go WAY up if it is a oddity.I just purchased a H4700 Diesel Locomotive Air whistle(True whistle for a Diesel Electric Locomotive) for $1150.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw these on a neighbor's truck the other day....;Sweet they do sound pretty good.

Attachments

• 14-06-06_1128.jpg
    14-06-06_1128.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 6

sassyrel

Reaction score
the cool factor on those is nice--but be careful--check your local and state laws--something about soooo many decibels can be illegal in places--you dont need the headache--

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
sassyrel said:
the cool factor on those is nice--but be careful--check your local and state laws--something about soooo many decibels can be illegal in places--you dont need the headache--

A ticket? A fine? It would be a tool for highway use. Still totally worth it to me. I guess if you drive for a living it could be an issue.

Although a nice big blast in front of the Newtown police dept. does sound tempting. LOL

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek: That's pure insanity.

You beat me on cool points and $$$$ spent, Today I only installed a cheapie Harbor Freight winch in my toolbox and fabricated a roller fairlead for it so I can drag DOA garden tractors into the bed or onto the trailer I'm building without breaking my back.....or a sweat:D .

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
tonkadoctor said:
:eek: That's pure insanity.

You beat me on cool points and $$$$ spent, Today I only installed a cheapie Harbor Freight winch in my toolbox and fabricated a roller fairlead for it so I can drag DOA garden tractors into the bed or onto the trailer I'm building without breaking my back.....or a sweat:D .

Now that's what I need! Doc, you know of any good small engine forums?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL You nut! How are you blowing them? I wish you luck. Maybe in the parts that you frequent you will get away with it. Around here, the truckers that are brave enough to put one on, hide them on the frame. I just did a set on a Freightliner last weekend for a friend of mine. It's mounted to the floor of his sleeper upside down. Needless to say, I won't be blowing any of my horns near you!

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Nah,I just layed them up there to see what it would look like and see ya'lls reaction.But RS3K is going on the Enterprise.Might have to mount it on the front of the bed(stuck between dumping the big tank or relocate it a foot forward.....or quick disconnect) between the stacks and build a box to hide them.But I am going to mount a Locomotive horn valve under the Center Seat(has a stash box!) and a couple tanks under the truck.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember to signal properly:D

Signals are illustrated by an "o" for short sounds and "=" for longer sounds.

Succession of short sounds.....Used when an emergency exists, or persons or livestock are on the track. When crews on other trains hear this signal, they must stop until it is safe to proceed.

= When train is stopped. The air brakes are applied and pressure is equalized.

= = Train releases brakes and proceeds.

o o Acknowledgment of any signal not otherwise provided for.

o o o When train is stopped: means backing up, or acknowledgment of a hand signal to back up.

o o o o A request for a signal to be given or repeated if not understood.

= o o o Instruction for flagman to protect rear of train.

= = = = The flagman may return from west or south.

= = = = = The flagman may return from east or north.

= = o = Train is approaching public crossings at grade with engine in front. Signal starts not less than one quarter mile before reaching the crossing, if distance permits. If distance does not permit, signal starts soon enough before the crossing to provide warning. Signal is prolonged or repeated until the engine occupies the crossing. This signal is used to warn employees when the view is restricted.

o = Inspect the brake system for leaks or sticking brakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online