burb-o-matic in the fleet.....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your welcome. I've learned more about Ford IDI diesels here in 2 days than I really wanted to know. Since I am a big Chevy guy (except diesels) I thought I would share some of that knowlege. The Ford/IH idi seems to be the best choice for me to purchase an inexpensive diesel truck for off road use. Thanks to this forum I have come to that conclusion.
I started out with GM 6.2's in C30 towtrucks.:D
the day I drove my first F450 towtruck and realized I could stop(4 wheel disc brakes) I converted over to Ford.
GM still has a soft spot in my heart though;Sweet
I like the Cummins but not fond of the Dodge wrapper.cookoo

justcuz

Reaction score
Never had much experience with Dodge trucks. Used to own Fords in the sixties and early 70's. Points and the new duraspark? were a pain in the hiney. Had Chevys concurrently and just changed the oil, lubed them and changed the points once a year. Then HEI's came out and that was it, owned Chevys ever since. However I want a diesel toy now and a solid axle 4x4. That leaves Chevy out since newer ones are ifs and duramax trucks used are still expensive. I could convert a Chevy to solid axle and do a Cummins conversion, but I want to start with a factory truck first and learn about diesels before I dive in that far. Ford idi's are plentiful and cheap, so thats were I will start.

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
thanks guys;Sweet
there's a couple '95 and up burbs around here, but I refuse to deal with the DS4 pump system. creature comforts are alot nicer in the newer ones tho.
my gray CC dually is getting some much needed rest with this one doing commuter duties. the wife likes the fact the interior isn't tore up. I've owned a few burbs that look like a hungry rottweiler was locked in the truck.:eek:

yea the DS4 pumps are crap...... you want to relocate the pmd? relocate it to the trashcan...LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online